Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Pink roses on baby blue Nail Art

I haven't had roses on my nails in ages so I decided to do some pink roses on a baby blue background.
I first coated my nails in 2 coats of Orly Nail Armour and then used Boots 17 Fast Finish polish in Bolt from the blue on all but my ring finger where I used 17 Lasting Fix in Pink Grapefruit.



On the ring finger I used some irridencent nail spangles from ebay. I got 12 pots in various colours including black, silver and gold for £2-3. I think they will last for a long time. To stick them down I painted a coat of Sallys Gelous and then after putting them on I put on a coat of Seche Vite, then when it was completely dry a coat of Gelous and then a coat of China Glaze Fast Forward top coat. I am trying out a new system to see if I can get my manicures to last a little bit longer.
On the rest of the fingers after the base coat of Bolt from the blue had dried I used a tiny paint brush to draw the basic line drawing for the rose in Pink Grapefruit. I then used Nails Inc free with Fabulous magazine (RIP) in OMP! to draw the low lights of the rose and 17 Fast Finish in Pink Lemonade for the lighter areas. I also used some white to add a few highlights. I then added some leaves in Bourjois So Laque in Bleu Model. Then I added one coat of Seche vite and when completely dry I added Gelous then China Glaze fast forward top coat.
I really like it! I keep looking at my pretty nails :D

Thanks for stopping by
Love Stacie xoxox

Just thought I would add a new picture on here because the colour is a bit more accurate on the polishes in case you wanted to pick up any of the colours x

8 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous :) Love the blue colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the roses! i need to learn how to do these

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these nails, very floral would look amazing with a pretty floral pink dress!

    check out my blog and follow if you like
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ridiculously good! My mani routine: layer of OPI Chip & Skip, then a layer of Orly's bonder, then basecoat, polish & finally topcoat. Have gone from manis that only last 24 hours, to lasting a whole week using the above method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe these are freehand! From the pictures I thought they were water decals... Absolutely incredible!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful mani! super cute. i'm your new follower, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, these are outstanding. You are so talented! My new nail art hero.
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete