Pages

Friday 4 March 2011

MeMeMe Wild and NYC Starry Silver Glitter

What a hectic week! Lots going on. I will try to a nail art post tomorrow if I find time. I have been doing some swatches of my polish collection when I am trying out designs so I thought I would share them. They aren' the best swatches I realised when I was editing the photos. I will endeavour to clean up around my nails before photos in the future! XD
First is MeMeMe Wild I bought this in Superdrug in Milton Keynes a few weeks ago. The first think I will say about it is that it has a very square flat brush. This took me a few tries to get it near the cuticles. If you have normal sized hands it might be hard.
Because it is big flat and square it made it quite difficult to use. Other than that it covered opaque in 2 medium coats and was ok. I didn't wear it so I can't comment on its durability.


Its a nice purple and it cost under £5. It reminded me of China Glaze Grape Pop which is why I bought it. The nail shot is the most colour accurate.
I also bought NYC Starry Silver Glitter on the same trip as they were selling it for 99p. I believe it is going to be discontinued so that is why. I painted it over Wild and this is what it looks like.
It's pretty enough. Dense enough glitter and normal brush. Again didn't wear it so can't comment on durability.
One polish is never enough :D
Stacie xoxox

9 comments:

  1. Wow I love that purple! I've been looking for a good purple for ages, but I always end up going too dark.

    embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I bought it because it wasn't a 'black' purple which I also love but have lots of!
    Thanks for commenting
    Stacie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the same problem too, its either too dark or too light. but this is a very pretty purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Glitter topcoat!! i have seen this, may have to get it now i know its being discontinued, i know ill regret it if i dont. i bought 7 new polishes today....i cant stop waaaah! haha! x
    Emily @emilysnailfiles :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow really like that combo :)

    filed-up.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That glitter polish looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They had a few NYC polishes that they were 99p. I got a nice blue which I'll post tonight.
    Thanks for commenting
    Stacie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blog!
    maybe you can visit and follow mine too? :)

    http://konadnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that combination - I'll be keeping my eye out for that NYC glitter! I've just found your blog and I LOVE your nail designs. Keep it up :D xx

    ReplyDelete